Please review the following policies before visiting CPA for your scheduled lesson/class.
RED (Control) Policies
CLICK HERE for screening form
Athletes participating at CheerPride must complete a COVID-19 Screening form EACH DAY they participate in practices/lessons/classes at the gym. The form confirms the following:
- The individual is not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 - difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, chest pain or pressure, loss of speech or movement, fever, dry cough, tiredness, aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhea, conjunctivitis, headache, loss of taste or smell, a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
- Has not traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- Has not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 to the best of their knowledge
- Has not tested positive or are awaiting test results for COVID-19
Teams have been divided in to small groups (maximum 10) as per government guidelines of allowing only 10 participants per facility. Unfortunately at this time we are unable to provide Tumbling classes due to the capacity limits in the gym.
Private Lessons are still available and will run as scheduled. Athletes must wear masks the entire time.
In the case of a positive test
If an athlete/staff member tests positive for COVID-19 anyone who may have been exposed at CPA during the time the athlete/staff member was in the gym will be asked to get a COVID-19 test and will not be able to return to the gym until a negative test is presented to CPA.
Before Entering CPA
- The COVID-19 Waiver must be completed before your first visit to CPA CLICK HERE
- A COVID-19 Screening form must be completed before EACH visit
- 1 bag per athlete may be brought in to the gym
- Masks must be worn while waiting in line and entering the gym
- Arrive ready to practice with cheer shoes on - during the winter months athletes will be able to change their shoes upon entering and store their outdoor footwear in provided individual bins
- Bring your own water bottle
- Please wait on the designated markers outside the Staff Door
- Only 1 athlete will enter at a time
- Lobby is closed to parents during classes/lessons. Please wait in your car.
In The Gym
- Wash/sanitize your hands immediately after entering the building and before leaving.
- We miss you! But please no contact with staff or each other.
- Athletes will be required to stay in their marked training section. If equipment is required, they may ask staff to retrieve it for them.
- Coaches will be providing hands-off instruction. Spotting will be permitted as a last resort or for safety. The coach and athlete will sanitize and the coach will wear a mask while spotting.
- Athletes will exit one at a time through the main door. Parents please be on time to pick up your athlete.
For your protection we are doing the following to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Limiting the number of people in the gym according to the current government guidelines
- Providing non-contact coaching
- Sectioning training areas to ensure physical distancing is met
- Cleaning all surfaces after each use
- Cleaning the bathrooms after each use
- Only allowing coaches to retrieve equipment for use by athletes
- Sanitizing equipment immediately after use