Please review the following policies before visiting CPA for your scheduled lesson/class.
Updated September 13, 2021
CLICK HERE for screening form
Athletes participating at CheerPride must complete a COVID-19 Screening form EACH DAY they participate in practices/lessons/classes at the gym. The form confirms the following:
- The individual is not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19
- difficulty breathing or shortness of breath; chest pain or pressure; loss of speech or movement; fever; dry cough; tiredness; aches and pains; sore throat; diarrhea; conjunctivitis; headache; loss of taste or smell; a rash on skin; or discolouration of fingers or toes
- Has not traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- Has not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 to the best of their knowledge
- Has not tested positive or are awaiting test results for COVID-19
STEP 3 - INDOOR TRAINING - Beginning July 19, 2021
- A screening form must be completed before each training session. This form can be found on our website (see above), the Season 16 APC Facebook Group, or scanned from the QR code at the Staff Door.
- If this is your first practice/class for Season 16, we require the following waivers to be completed:
- Athletes will enter through the MAIN ENTRANCE with masks on. Please arrive ready to practice with cheer shoes on.
- Once entering the lobby, athletes will check in with a staff member to ensure their screening form is complete, any other waivers have been handed in and athletes will sanitize their hands.
- The LOBBY will unfortunately remain closed for parent viewing at this time. We are doing our best to minimize congestion with athletes coming in and out.
- When the training session is over athletes will walk through the gym and exit out the STAFF ENTRANCE.
- Whenever possible athletes will be separated by 2 meters. While practicing the sport (stunting and at times tumbling), physical distance no longer needs to be maintained
- Masks do not have to be worn during training, HOWEVER, if you would like your athlete to continue wearing one for all of their practices, please feel free to do so. We will be moving athletes around to find the best stunt groups and positions for everyone for the first few team practice
For your protection we are doing the following to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Limiting the number of people in the gym according to the current government guidelines
- Sectioning training areas to ensure physical distancing is met whenever possible
- Cleaning all high touch surfaces regularly
- Sanitizing equipment after use
- Clean of the gym prior to the following days practices/classes
- Anyone exhibiting any persistent signs and symptoms while practicing at the gym will be removed from their practice/class, masked, and asked to sit in our lobby. Parents will be informed and asked to come get them immediately.
- Athletes will continue to wear masks while entering and exiting the gym. Athletes are not required to wear masks while participating in sport, however are welcome to.
- While masking during the participation of a sport is not required at this time, please note it may be enforced at any point in time by the Ontario government or the SMDHU.
Athlete Positive Covid-19 Test
Although our gym prides itself on its screening, cleaning, and safety protocols there is always a chance of exposure and contraction of any COVID-19 strain. If an athlete in any one of our classes tests positive here is what you can expect from CPA:
- Comprehensive discussion with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit in order to determine what athlete(s) will be deemed high risk exposure or low risk exposure athletes. SMDHU refers to “high risk” as individuals who have had close contact (under 6 feet) for an extended period of time (10-15+ minutes of constant or transient contact)
- CPA keeps track of all stunt groups at all practices and can differentiate what should be considered high risk vs low risk athletes, BUT the health unit can deem whomever they wish high risk
- Once high risk athletes/coaches have been determined, individual phone calls will be made to each family informing them that their athlete is either high or low risk, and what the SMDHU policies and procedures are for each step SMDHU Guidelines
- Based on the number of athletes determined to be high risk at said exposure point, the next practice may be canceled or continue as scheduled and will be at the discretion of the CPA staff for what is the safest course of action for everyone within that practice, as well as the guidance of the SMDHU
Not Feeling Well/Deemed High Risk/Awaiting COVID-19 Test
- If you are not feeling well, or did not clear the online screening form from CPA, please let us know and stay home
- If you have been notified you are within the high risk of contracting COVID-19, or are waiting on results of a test, please view the following chart to determine your next steps: SMDHU Guidelines