Please review the following policies before visiting CPA for your scheduled lesson/class/assessment.
Starting Monday, August 10th anyone entering the CheerPride All-Stars facility will be consenting to the following:
- The individual is not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 - difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, chest pain or pressure, loss of speech or movement, fever, dry cough, tiredness, aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhea, conjunctivitis, headache, loss of taste or smell, a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
- Has not traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- Has not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 to the best of their knowledge
- Has not tested positive or are awaiting test results for COVID-19
If any of the above statements are not true, we ask that the athlete not attend any in gym training. In the event that an athlete is exposed to COVID-19 or tests positive for COVID-19, we ask that you please notify CPA by email - email@example.com
CPA will send staff/athletes home who are exhibiting signs/symptoms of COVID-19.
In the case of exposure outside of the gym
If an athlete/staff member or an athlete/staff's family member is exposed to COVID-19 the athlete/staff will be asked to not enter the gym until a negative test is presented to CPA.
In the case of a positive test
If an athlete/staff member tests positive for COVID-19 anyone who may have been exposed at CPA during the time the athlete/staff member was in the gym will be asked to get a COVID-19 test and will not be able to return to the gym until a negative test is presented to CPA.
Before Entering CPA
- A Declaration of Compliance for COVID-19 must be completed and handed in at your first visit. CLICK HERE
- 1 bag per athlete may be brought in to the gym
- Masks must be worn while waiting in line and entering the gym
- Arrive ready to practice with cheer shoes on
- Bring your own water bottle
- Please wait on the designated markers outside the Staff Door
- Only 1 athlete will enter at a time
- Lobby is closed to parents during classes/lessons. Please wait in your car.
Athletes are not required to wear masks while participating in athletic activity. However, we do ask that your athlete arrives wearing a mask and will then remove it once they get to their training spot. They will again be asked to put it on while leaving.
In The Gym
- Wash/sanitize your hands immediately after entering the building and before leaving.
- We miss you! But please no contact with staff or each other.
- Athletes will be required to stay in their marked training section. If equipment is required, they may ask staff to retrieve it for them.
- Coaches will be providing hands-off instruction. Spotting will be permitted as a last resort or for safety. The coach and athlete will sanitize and the coach will wear a mask while spotting.
- We do not recommend wearing face masks while training. If you prefer your athlete to wear one please provide a signed note stating you would like them to wear it.
- Athletes will exit one at a time through the main door. Parents please be on time to pick up your athlete.
For your protection we are doing the following to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Limiting the number of people in the gym according to the current government guidelines
- Providing non-contact coaching
- Sectioning training areas to ensure physical distancing is met
- Cleaning all surfaces after each use
- Cleaning the bathrooms after each use
- Only allowing coaches to retrieve equipment for use by athletes
- Sanitizing equipment immediately after use